Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Nice young policeman takes mother-in-law to church


Nothing can keep my 89-year-old mother-in-law Jewell and her boyfriend Bob from church. Bob's car was sideswiped the other day -- no one was injured, thankfully -- and Jewell sent us this report:
Jewell playing dress-up
The fellow driving was probably in his 60's and when we got out of the cars, he said "I didn't see you. I'm blind in my right eye." Bob said the guy told him he had just come from the hospital where he had a treatment of some sort -- Bob thought he said dialysis. ... 


I called the Police Dept. on my cell and a nice young man arrived. It took quite a while to gather all the information. ...

The policeman gave us a ride to church in the patrol car, which was quite funny.  Bars on the windows, people gawking to see who was being hauled in.  I wouldn't want to ride far in it. No cushions in the back, just sitting on bare hard plastic.

Tomorrow I have a 10 AM appointment at Cemtra Care by hospital to get my ears "dewaxed".

No comments: