Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

X10 VP: 'Julie you haven't a clue what you’re talking about'

35-year X10 veteran Dave Rye takes offense to my January 2010 CE Pro Industry Insider in which I suggest that we're still a long way from mass-market automation. Below is Rye's entire rant.

Julie, I regularly read your column in CE Pro and Electronic House just so I can have a laugh to myself. I am always amused by your total lack of knowledge of X10, or is it just that you ignore us because we don't advertise with you any more?

Anyway, you said in your January issue of CE Pro, quote:

"For about a dozen years, manufacturers have tried to sell "easy-to-install, easy-to-use" home control systems to the masses, but for the most part the masses aren't buying. Despite some capable, affordable, turnkey do-it-yourself products from the likes of iControl, Mi Casa Verde, Wayne Dalton, Xanboo and others (and a great fear among CE pros), we're still a long, long way from automation at retail."

Julie, how can you be so out of touch with an industry that you cover and are supposed to be an expert on?

[MORE]

No comments: