Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We can only aspire ...

 HOW MANY PEDIATRIC PATIENTS HAVE FALLEN INTO THIS POT?
Dear American friends,

I really hate to rub it in, but a man forewarned is a man forearmed.

As some of you know, I’ve been living in France for almost 7 years now. I am pretty much blessed with a good condition, so I never had to deal much with the French healthcare system until my son, Arthur, was born in May 2009.

During holidays Arthur had to be hospitalized for a few weeks when he caught the H1N1 flu on top of his already severe bronchiolitis. He’s alright now, but his stay at the hospital was hard on him. Attached are some pictures of his room in the pediatric service of Hopital Nord, Marseille, that I thought I’d share so you get a good idea of what “world class universal healthcare coverage” looks like. ...
[MORE]

No comments: